Duties of the Protocol Officer
Air Force Protocol
from 'Til Wheels are Up'
|Duties of the Protocol Officer include: |
- Ensure formal invitations to all guests at least four weeks prior to the event.
- Establish procedures for taking RSVPs.
- Make necessary billeting arrangements.
- Make necessary transportation arrangements.
- Assist in determining the seating arrangements for the head table.
- Brief the escort officers on specific protocol requirements relating to the guests. See section on escort training.
- Prior to the event, ensure biographical sketches of guests are distributed to the President, Mister/Madam Vice, and other interested parties.
- Ensure a parking plan has been established.
- Assist Escort Officers as required.
- Advise and assist on flag arrangements.